Queens Platinum Jubilee - 5th June 2022
Lavant Parish Council
Lavant Village Green
Queens Platinum Jubilee Tea Party
5th June 2022
Respect For Fireworks
Respect the Emergency Services
With the impact of COVID-19, we are asking people not to take risks, putting additional pressures on our emergency services.
Injuries can be prevented by following the Firework Code. If you do suffer a burn, ensure you:
· Cool the burn under cold running water for at least ten minutes.
· After the burn has been cooled, cover it with cling film or a clean plastic bag.
· Call 999 if necessary. Always seek medical advice for a baby or child that has been burned.”
The Firework Code:
· Plan your firework display to make it safe and enjoyable, and ensure it finishes before 11pm
· Only buy fireworks which carry the CE mark, keep them in a closed box and use them one at a time
· Read and follow the instructions on each firework using a torch if necessary
· Light the firework at arm's length with a taper and stand well back
· Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks
· Never return to a firework once it has been lit
· Don't put fireworks in pockets and never throw them
· Direct any rocket fireworks well away from spectators
· Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire
· Make sure that the fire is out and surroundings are made safe before leaving.
You can be
fined up to £5,000 and imprisoned for up to 6 months for selling or using
fireworks illegally. You could also get an on-the-spot fine of £90.
Fireworks can also cause a great deal of distress to animals. We are supporting RSPCA’s ‘Bang Out Of Order’ campaign, encouraging the responsible use of fireworks and the adoption of tighter regulations concerning their use.
October – Fireworks
Friday 29th October 22.30pm Goodwood House (20 minutes)
November – Fireworks
Friday 5th November 19.30pm Kennels (approx. 8 minutes)
Saturday 6th November 19.30pm Kennels (approx. 8 minutes)
Tuesday 30th November 22-22.30pm Goodwood House (approx. 10 minutes)
Michael Burton Gates Installed
A triumph for the Village!
After many years of waiting working in partnership with West Sussex and Cappagh contractors.
Thank you to the two employees who worked very hard and professionally.
Michael Burton Gates stand proud at the entrance to the Village.
NHS Covid-19 App