Discover the Secrets of St Nicholas' Church, Lavant 12th - 14th October
The Secrets of St Nic's Weekend. A weekend of rediscovery and excitement.
Driving past St Nicholas Church in Mid Lavant, have you ever wondered about lichen covered silent stones?
Lavant's "Secrets of St Nic's Weekend" will reveal all!
Research has rediscovered a thousand years of fascinating local history. Starting with the Yew tree and reaching to the 21st century we can share with you the stories of people who lived, loved and died in this country parish. Over the weekend we will present intriguing information and interesting activities for adults and children alike. Just a few are: -
- Visit the Vault; last opened over 30 yrs ago.
- Discover the people and places of Mid Lavant over 300 yrs through our Graveyard Trail.
- Drop into the workshop held by the Novium Museum.
- Make the connection between the Weald and Downland Museum and Lavant.
- Listen to Lavant's Choirs.
Have a bite to eat. Refreshments including lunch are available all day.
Friday 12th October. Illustrated Talks by local historians - A thousand years of a life and death in country parish.
7pm Tickets £10 to inc. wine and canapés
Saturday and Sunday 13th and 14th ... 10:30-4:00pm
All taking place at St Nicholas Church Mid Lavant.
Tickets and further information from 07530552151 or email@example.com
To download a copy of the information click here